So we are inviting people involved in all squatted autonomous spaces around the UK to meet and discuss the squatting situation and some preparation for the days of action in April. The idea for this meeting is inspired by the recent international meeting in Dijon.
Some of the ideas of what could be discussed at this meeting are…
- Building a stronger network between the squats/Autonomous spaces throughout the UK.
- Initial planning for the days of action.
- The repression and resistance facing Autonomous spaces in the UK.
- How we can make better use of Autonomous spaces in terms of connecting them to issues such as increased surveillance, housing problems, gentrification and the fundamental issue of who owns and controls our land, space and lives.
- The impact of non squatted Autonomous spaces on the squatting movement.
- Breaking out of the “squatting scene”.
- The impact of drugs on the movement.